Hello Friends!
I hear it has snowed at home. How much did we get in Thiensville?
Today we went to the US Embassy, located on a road of embassies from all over the world. Pretty cool! Nanda was is a sour mood, unsure of what was going on I'm sure. I wish I could speak Gujarati! As we were in one waiting room, a cute Indian man started to talk with us and to Nanda. I don't think he was speaking Gujarati, but Hindi must be close enough that she could understand a bit. He just kept looking at her and talking to her, making her smile. It is really strange to have someone talking to your child and not know what they are saying. It made me nervous! We were then called in, it was our turn. When we were done, we walked through that same waiting room to another waiting room. The guy, (Surrender was his name), followed us and sat down next to Nanda again. He said that he had something for her, a gift- something he had had for a long time. He pulled a card out of his wallet. It read "With God, all things are possible." (from Matthew). I couldn't believe it- there are very few Christians in India. He said that he could sense that Nanda was nervous, so he prayed for her after we were called inside. He invited us to a worship service at his church on Friday night. I think it would be so interesting to go!
This afternoon, we hung around the hotel. Nanda is much happier here. We shopped in the shops downstairs for a while, and she picked out a sparkly necklace, which she would not take off before bed. She will say, "No Mom". She also has an opinion about what she likes and doesn't like. While we were shopping, I would look at something, and if she didn't like it, again I got the "No, Mom". She and Molly were just watching "Tom and Jerry" in the other room, and I could hear her laughing and laughing. She is so sharp- it is fun to watch her discover new things, and make connections. She tried spaghetti noodles for dinner. We all had a good laugh about it! You can't eat spaghetti gracefully.
Tomorrow we go back to the embassy for an interview. I hope the line is short. Nanda is like a different person when we are out in the morning going to appointments. I feel so bad that I can't ease her fears better. When we return to the hotel, she seems so light and happy.
Sorry no pictures this time, I couldn't get them to load. You'll have to wait to see Jim's new haircut until tomorrow. (Let's just say the Indian #2 is different than the American #2).
Love to you all!
Melinda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So, we finally figured out you're in Delhi, not Mumbai, thank the Lord. We pray for your continued safety and the happiest of homecomings for the newly enlarged Plamann family.
Rebecca and Graham Cooper
I'm glad to hear Nanda is light and happy in the hotel - she's comfortable with her family! She must worry about the appointments and if any of them will deny her her new life. It'll be interesting to see how her personality blooms when she's really home with you - she sounds like a strong girl! (She'll fit right in!)
We love you!
love, Jody, Matt, Ella & June
I love the story about the Embassy! I think "Someone" is watching over all of you!!
I will continue my prayers that Nanda's fears and anxieties will be calmed. It is very stiff in that Embassy - and I'm sure Nanda can feel that. When she is back at the hotel w/ you, she can go back to being herself with her family!!
Saying lots of prayers back here! And getting the snow ready for your return! Just think, it will be another first for Nanda to see the snow!! (and it sure looks beautiful!!)
Lots of love,
Aimee
Glad to hear that things are going well and that Nanda liked her first plane ride. I know you're eager to get back to Thiensville so that things will settle down for her. I'm sure her fearfulness will subside some in the comfort and love of her new home! We didn't have much snow here in Madison, though I think there was more east of us. I'm enjoying your posts and pictures, and am particularly looking forward to seeing a pic of Jim's new haircut! Love to you all,
Denise
Mary, Lizzie, and I have been following the blog with much interest since last week. Mary looks forward to new news each day. She is happy to see Molly smiling considering Molly's apprehension prior to the trip. We so look forward to meeting Nanda. Mary and Lizzie want to play in the snow with Molly and Nanda. We have three inches already with more on the way!
i love reading your fun updates everyday. what a great adventure! It sounds like everything is going really well! you have so many people wishing you ALL the BEST and SAFEST wishes! looking forward to more updates and colorful pictures of all the women's scarves, the people and the land!
lovingly,
pamela
We're praying for all of you especially for our newest granddaughter, Nanda, that she will adjust to her new life. We did have some snow, Dad and I shoveled your driveway yesterday, kinda.
God's love and ours,
Mom and Dad
I'm writing for Dad - he's able to read your posts, but he's on his old VERY SLOW computer and can't leave comments. He's thinking about all of you and loves you!
love, Dad & Penny (by way of Jody!)
Post a Comment